Introducing Steeltoe Stream
Steeltoe Stream is a framework for building message-driven microservice applications. It builds upon other Steeltoe components to enable developers to create standalone, production-grade .NET applications providing connectivity to messaging systems. It provides an opinionated configuration of underlying middleware introducing the concepts of persistent publish-subscribe semantics, consumer groups, and partitions.
With Steeltoe Stream, developers can:
- Build, test, iterate, and deploy data-centric applications in isolation.
- Apply modern microservices architecture patterns, including composition through messaging.
- Decouple application responsibilities with event-centric thinking. An event can represent something that has happened in time, to which the downstream consumer applications can react without knowing where it originated or the producer's identity.
- Port business logic onto messaging systems (such as RabbitMQ, etc).
- Rely on the framework's automatic content-type support for common use-cases and yet is extendable to different data conversion types as needed.
- Develop Stream components in .NET which can be deployed on Spring Cloud Data Flow.
For more reading about Steeltoe Stream:
- Quick Start Guide
- Explore the components that make up the Stream framework with the Stream Reference.
- Learn about the design, usage and configuration options provided with the RabbitMQ Binder.
- Learn how to deploy .NET applications to Spring Cloud Data Flow (SCDF).